I’m participating in Top Ten Tuesday on a wonderful blog I discovered called The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday the fun lovin’ people over at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various topics. They then ask others to also post their own list and link to the blog entry. There is also a special Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics (check out 2/20). So here goes… (drumroll please) The top ten books I would play hooky with……(especially on a dismal day)
1. The entire Jane Austen collection. No, I have never read them (hangs head in shame), but if I played hooky I would have plenty of time to read them all.
2. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. I just read about this book on Friday, checked it out, and it ended up on my pile of to be read books (it just keeps growing, and growing, and growing).
3. Shel Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends. If I am playing hooky, might as well snuggle under the covers with a wonderful children’s book.
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. No, I haven’t read it yet. No, I haven’t seen the movie, either.
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. The cover and the premise captured my attention.
7. Blood Game by Iris Johansen. I started reading this as a book on CD. My car ate the 6th CD. I took the book out of the library, and the person who had the book before me must have been eating pizza and used the book pages as plates (ewww). I checked out the Playaway from the library and I accidentally left it on and the battery died. Maybe I shouldn’t read this book after all. Maybe it is cursed?
8. A Night to Remember by Walter Lord. After all, it is the 100th anniversary this year of the sinking of the Titanic.
9. Fallen by Lauren Kate. I do not know much about the book, but the cover intrigues me.
10. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I used to read her Harry Potter fan fiction, and really enjoyed it. The book has been on my wish list for a long time, so if I play hooky, maybe I can finally read it.
And if anyone from work is reading this, I *cough* *cough* might not be in tomorrow…. I feel a cold coming on.